Fridays Little STEAMers: Explore, Play, Learn (2-4 years) (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics. Little STEAMers classes combine these subject areas together into fun and authentic learning and exploration experiences.
Our classes have been developed in consultation with early years specialists and are run by a qualified and experienced teacher. Toddlers and preschoolers are shown appropriate demonstrations and then given opportunity to explore, investigate and test their ideas through child-led play with a range of resources, as is recommended in early years education.
We combine stories, music, demonstrations and hands-on activities to provide a balanced 45-minute class where children and their parents learn and investigate together.
Children leave each class with a take-away such as a piece of art they have created during the session. After each class, we also send you an idea for an activity to try at home to follow up on the learning.
Classes have a maximum of 9 families and are led by Laura Cross, a qualified and experienced teacher.
The classes will run every Friday from 28th February until 3rd April. However, please note there will be no class on the 6th March.
We welcome all children aged 2-4 to our classes. If you have child younger than 2 who will also need to attend the class, please be aware that this class requires a level of parent participation. While it is perfectly ok to bring a baby along for free and you will still be able to enjoy the class, we want to make sure you are pre-warned.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance of the class date and cannot be bought at the class.
- Classes can only be booked for an entire 5 week term. We cannot offer drop-ins or trials because we have a limited number of spaces in each session and we sell out our classes. However, if after 2 weeks you do not want to continue with the rest of the term, please tell us in person and we will refund you for the remainder of the term.
- If you would like to attend one class only, we suggest you join our waiting list and we can email you if spaces become available for individual classes.
- Siblings also aged 2-4 attending the class qualify for a discounted ticket.
- Please proceed to booking to see all ticket information.
Getting there & Facilities
The classes run at Haven Green Baptist Church diagonally opposite Ealing Broadway tube and train station. Many buses from around the area also stop moments away.
Parking is free on local side streets during the class times.
Toilets and baby change facilities are available at the venue.
- 5 Week Term£45£450£0
- Sibling 5 Week Term£30£300£0