App Building (School Years 3-6)
Time & Location
About the Event
- iPad, tablet or phone with sufficient charge and storage space for new photos
- Download the Marvel app (https://marvelapp.com/pop/) and sign up for a free account in advance of the class
- A fully charged separate device (computer, tablet, phone, smart TV) with a camera to join the class via Zoom
- Download the Zoom.us app to the device you will use to join the class in advance of the class
- A4 plain paper (at least 6 sheets)
- Pencil, rubber and colouring pencils
- We ask that you remain nearby to provide any assistance if necessary.
In this one-off two hour workshop, children will be introduced to how apps are designed using wireframes and will learn how to start putting together their own app using the Marvel app.
Fun, activities will familiarise children with app design terminology and they will learn about various aspects of the app design process throughout the workshop. There will be plenty of opportunities for children to use their creative and problem solving skills too.
By the end of the workshop your child will have learnt new and exciting skills and be able to design and put together simple apps on their own. This has the potential for hours of entertainment during the holidays!
A short snack break will be included and the workshop will be broken up into suitable chunks of learning and fun activities in order to keep engagement and focus.
We will provide a resource sheet for parents with what the workshop covers and some follow-up ideas to extend learning and the app design experience.
Where you have two siblings joining, they may share the phone or tablet with the Marvel app on or use one each. However, they will need a separate device to attend the Zoom meeting for the class.
These workshops are led by a qualified and experienced teacher and pupil numbers are limited.
This same class is running during both weeks of the Easter holiday so you can choose which week to join.
Please be aware that to work online, we have had to modify the style and content of our popular workshops and classes. We usually provide lots of resources, collaboration time and direct teacher feedback. All of these will of course be limited during virtual classes, but we hope that children will still learn from and enjoy the class format.
- One Child£12£12Sold Out
- Two or More Siblings£18£18Sold Out