Virtual Invention & Making (school years 1-2)
Time & Location
About the Event
- Access to a computer or tablet to use Zoom.us and sufficient internet speed to stream video
- Paper and pencil
- Tape, glue and scissors
- Available junk modelling e.g. cardboard, cereal box, bottle tops, jam jar lids, plastic pots (whatever you have in your recycling!)
- Adult supervision
In this 50-minute class, children will learn about what inventions are; come up with some of their own invention ideas and get started on a making task. The class will help children develop creativity, problem solving and collaboration: vital 21st-century skills.
We cover several aspects of the Design & Technology school curriculum as well as providing speaking and listening practice for the English curriculum.
We will provide a class resource sheet for parents with what the class covers and some follow-up ideas to extend learning.
There will be some limited resources required for this class. We also require parents to remain close by in case your child needs any additional help during the session.
Classes are led by a qualified and experienced teacher and pupil numbers are limited.
- One Class Pass£7.50£7.500£0
- One Class Pass Siblings£10.50£10.500£0
- Two Class Pass£13£130£0
- Two Class Pass Siblings£16.50£16.500£0