Virtual Design & Create (school years 1-2)
Time & Location
About the Event
- Access to a computer or tablet to use Zoom.us and sufficient internet speed to stream video
- Paper and pencil
- Tape, glue and scissors
- A small toy (for example, a plastic toy character or small teddy)
- Available junk modelling e.g. cardboard, cereal box, bottle tops, jam jar lids, plastic pots (whatever you have in your recycling!)
- Adult supervision
- Optional - Lego or other construction resources
In this 50-minute class, children will learn about designing, the importance of refining ideas to lead to better inventions and get started on a making task.
They will also have the opportunity to learn the value of persevering with tasks, and to develop their creativity and problem solving. All vital 21st-century skills.
We cover several aspects of the Design & Technology school curriculum as well as providing speaking and listening practice for the English curriculum.
We will provide a class resource sheet for parents with what the class covers and some follow-up ideas to extend learning.
There will be some limited resources required for this class. We also require parents to remain close by in case your child needs any additional help during the session.
Classes are led by a qualified and experienced teacher and pupil numbers are limited.
- One Class Pass£7.50£7.500£0
- One Class Pass Siblings£10.50£10.500£0
- Two Class Pass£13£130£0
- Two Class Pass Siblings£16.50£16.500£0