Virtual Design & Create (Reception children)
Time & Location
About the Event
Fully Booked: please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waiting list and find out about new classes first.
- Access to a computer or tablet to use Zoom.us and sufficient internet speed to stream video
- Paper and pencil
- Tape, glue and scissors
- A small toy (for example, a plastic toy character or small teddy)
- Available junk modelling e.g. cardboard, cereal box, bottle tops, jam jar lids, plastic pots (whatever you have in your recycling!)
- Adult participation
- Optional - Lego or other construction resources
In this 50-minute class, children will learn about designing, the importance of refining ideas to lead to better inventions and get started on a making task. They will also have the opportunity to learn the value of persevering with tasks, and to develop their creativity and problem solving - all vital 21st-century skills.
We cover several aspects of EYFS learning during this session: Communication and Language, Social Development, The World, Expressive Arts and Design and the characteristics of effective learning.
We will provide a class resource sheet for parents with what the class covers and some follow-up ideas to extend learning.
There will be some limited resources required for this class. For this age group, we also require a parent or carer to take part in the session with your child.
Classes are led by a qualified and experienced teacher and pupil numbers are limited.
- Sold OutOne Class Pass£7.50£7.500£0