Movie Making with Stop Animation (School Years 3-6)
Time & Location
About the Event
This class is fully booked. However if you are interested in attending this class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join a waiting list. If we get enough requests we will consider putting on another class for parents on the waiting list.
- Access to a computer or other device to use Zoom.us and sufficient internet speed to stream video
- A fully charged separate device - iPad, iPhone or android phone with Stop Motion Studio app installed (free app available from Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cateater.stopmotionstudio&hl=en_GB or App Store - https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297)
- Sufficient storage to take at least 50 photos
- Paper and pencil
- Available toy figures e.g. Lego or Star Wars characters, other small toys or paper, cardboard, glue and felt tips to make figures
- A small block e.g. a Lego brick or a coin
- We ask that you remain nearby to provide any assistance if necessary.
In this one-off two hour workshop, children will be introduced to the technique of stop frame animation and learn how to use the Stop Motion Studio app to create their own films.
Fun, active games will familiarise children with movie making terminology and children will learn about various aspects of the filmmaking process throughout the workshop. There will be plenty of opportunities for children to improve their creative and problem solving skills too.
By the end of the workshop your child will have learnt new and exciting skills and be able to create movies using the Stop Motion Studio app on their own. This has the potential for hours of entertainment during the holidays, indoors or outdoors! A short snack break will be included and the workshop will be broken up into suitable chunks of learning and fun activities in order to keep engagement and focus.
We will provide a resource sheet for parents with what the workshop covers and some follow-up ideas to extend learning and the movie making experience.
Where you have two siblings joining, they may share the iPad, iPhone or android phone or use one each. However, they will need a separate device to attend the Zoom meeting.
These workshops are led by a qualified and experienced teacher who previously worked in the film industry for many years. As with all our classes, pupil numbers are limited.
This same class is running during both weeks of the Easter holiday so you can choose which week to join.
Please be aware that to work online, we have had to modify the style and content of our popular workshops and classes. We usually provide lots of resources, collaboration time and direct teacher feedback. All of these will of course be limited during virtual classes, but we hope that children will still learn from and enjoy the class format.
- One Child£12£12Sold Out
- Two or More Siblings£18£18Sold Out