Fri Cool Creators (Reception & Year 1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Across a five-week term, children take part in fun engineering, design and science-related projects which also help develop their creativity, problem solving and thinking skills.
Class Dates & Topics:
1) Friday 12th June: Amazing Aeronauts
In this first class, we learn about flying and take part in fun challenges involving paper aeroplanes.
2) Friday 19th June: Wonderful Wheels
This week we design and make a prototype for a vehicle that can do something special! We also explore the features of vehicles and how they have changed over the decades.
3) Friday 26th June: Strike Up the Band
We will explore and experiment with sound and complete some fun challenges involving homemade instruments.
4) Friday 3rd July: Crazy Catapults
This week we will explore force and make predictions whilst we design and build our own catapults.
5) Friday 10th July: Going for Gold
For the last week of term, we will put our problem solving, making and engineering skills to use with a final Olympics design challenge!
- Access to a computer or other device to use Zoom.us and sufficient internet speed to stream video
- Paper/Pen, pencil and colours
- Scissors, glue and tape
- Various household junk materials throughout the term - we will give you advance notice of what is needed each week and can help adapt resources where you don't have them available
- Various other construction materials which we will send out a list of when you sign up. These include: craft sticks, elastic bands, bottle caps, paper clips, cardboard tubes.
- Adult supervision by remaining close by during the class
Each class provides plenty of scope for children to continue with activities in their own time, meaning they can be kept busy for time beyond the class. However, there is no homework requirement and children can do as little or as much as they like between weekly classes.
If your child has attended any of our classes before, we will bear this in mind when recapping any skills they may have already learnt. However, while there may be some parts that children will have covered before, please note that these are brand new classes with new content and focus.
These classes are led by a qualified and experienced teacher and we take a maximum of 10 children (or children with siblings) per class.
When a class fills up, we will start a second cohort of children and begin the 5-week course when we have sufficient children in that cohort. Please spread the word to your friends to make sure we can fill the cohorts to go ahead.
If children are to return to school before the end of the 5-week term we will reschedule remaining classes. Where this is not possible we will refund for remaining classes.
- Sold OutOne Child (£7.99 per class)£39.95£39.950£0