After-School Entrepreneur Academy (School Years 3-6)
Time & Location
About the Event
Across a six-week term, children take part in a project to learn about what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Class Dates & Topics:
1) Wednesday 22nd April: Invention & Design Thinking
In this first class, we learn or recap the design thinking process and then use it to design our own inventions to solve a specific problem.
2) Wednesday 29th April: Engineering & Prototyping
This week we follow up on our inventions to start to create prototypes from a selection of materials. We also learn about engineering and take part in an engineering challenge.
3) Wednesday 6th May: Marketing & Branding
With our prototypes completed, we learn about marketing and how to sell our inventions to the public. We will learn about logos, slogans and adverts and come up with our own.
4) Wednesday 13th May: App Design 1
We will build a wireframe of a simple app to accompany our inventions. This is done on a tablet or phone without needing to code. This week we will design our app and the different pages on paper.
5) Wednesday 20th May: App Design 2
With our app screens already designed, this week we build the wireframe of the apps using a tablet or phone. We learn how to user test and iterate our apps.
6) Wednesday 27th May: End of Term Design Challenge
For the last week of term, we review our learning and reflect on our inventions and entrepreneurship skills and then we take part in a final fun design challenge.
- Access to a computer or other device to use Zoom.us and sufficient internet speed to stream video
- A second device (iPad, Android Tablet, iPhone, Android phone) for classes 4 and 5
- Paper/Pen and pencil
- Various household junk materials throughout the term - we will give you advance notice of what is needed each week and can help adapt resources where you don't have them available
- We always ask that you remain nearby to provide any assistance during the class if necessary
Each class provides plenty of scope for children to continue with activities in their own time, meaning they can be kept busy for time beyond the class. However, there is no homework requirement and children can do as little or as much as they like between weekly classes.
If your child has attended any of our classes before, we will bear this in mind when recapping any skills they may have already learnt. However, while there may be some parts that children will have covered before, please note that these are brand new classes with new content and focus.
These classes are led by a qualified and experienced teacher and we take a maximum of 10 children (or children with siblings) per class.
When a class fills up, we will start a second cohort of children and begin the 6-week course when we have sufficient children in that cohort. Please spread the word to your friends to make sure we can fill the cohorts to go head.
If schools return before the end of the 6-week term we will reschedule remaining classes.
- Sold OutOne Child (£7.90 per class)£47.40£47.400£0